Applications for 2018 bursaries, post-doctoral fellowships and research grants
Deadline: Friday 17 November 2017
Each year the DST-NRF Centre of Excellence in Human Development awards bursaries to high-performing Master’s and Doctoral students and Post-doctoral fellows who wish to do research that falls into one of the CoE’s four thematic or cross-cutting areas:
· Master’s students are funded for two years at R70 000 a year
· Doctoral students are funded for three years at R100 000 a year
· Post-Doctoral Fellows are funded for three years at R200 000 a year
The DST-NRF Centre of Excellence in Human Development considers proposals – that fall into the thematic areas of the Centre – for two categories of research grants:
· Opportunity Grants (up to R150 000 for 18 months) for activities that promote networking, inter-disciplinary meetings, joint writing, journal publication, etc. These activities may include inter-disciplinary or inter-institutional sessions at conferences, seminars with funders and other stakeholders, dissemination activities, and special journal issues.
· Accelerator Grants (up to R300 000 for two years) for research activities that advance the goals of the Centre (research productivity, education and training of post-graduate students, dissemination, networking and service). These grants fund activities to initiate networks and research in the thematic areas and other activities that will advance enquiry in the theme and lead to further research grants and opportunities in the forthcoming years. These activities may include meetings with funders and policy stakeholders, dissemination activities, joint publications, reviews on cross-disciplinary topics, etc.
Application results will be communicated to all applicants by 20 January 2018