Call for Abstracts: 2018 Swiss Public Health Conference
Deadline: June 4, 2018
Dates: November 7-8, 2018
Venue: University of Neuchâtel
About the workshop
The Swiss Public Health Conference 2018 focuses on the contribution of social sciences on population’s health. A good understanding of health determinants not only offers options to complement the health care system but also helps to understand why Switzerland is often struggling to introduce effective health policies and how this situation can be overcome.
The conference is aimed at public health experts from research and practice and is intended to show the full scope of the conference theme. It is designed to provide inspiration and ideas why a good theory is needed for a good practice and shows concrete options for actions.
Abstracts may be submitted as follows:
Forms of presentation
The selection of posters should reflect the great variety of public health topics in Switzerland. The posters will remain hanging throughout the conference and can be viewed during the breaks.
The length of an oral presentation is limited to 10 minutes, followed by a 5-minute discussion. Five talks will be presented at each parallel session of 75 minutes.
Workshops with a topical focus
These 75-minute workshops contain an introduction and may include 1-3 short content-related contributions. At least 20 minutes are to be allowed for the discussion. You may propose other formats such as “World Café”.
Abstracts about scientific studies, practice-related projects, and field-based research may be submitted. Both, abstracts related to the conference theme or any other public health relevant topic, will be considered.
Guidelines for submission of abstracts:
- The abstracts for poster, oral presentation or workshop may be submitted in German, French or English. The language of the abstract should reflect the language used for the presentation or the poster at the conference.
- The maximum length of the submitted text is 2,500 characters including spaces.
- In submitting the abstracts the authors grant the organisers the right to publish the submission electronically or in printed form.
- A maximum of two abstracts per first author may be submitted.
- Presence on both days is mandatory. The presentations (for talks or workshops) are allocated by the organising committee.
- All presenters (including all speakers considered for a workshop) must register for the conference and pay the respective fees.
The submission deadline for abstracts is June 4, 2018.
Review and selection
Submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the organising committee of the conference. Where possible, qualifying abstracts will be assembled in thematic parallel sessions. For reasons of time and space, not all submissions may be considered. The authors will be notified about acceptance and the application form by July 10, 2018.
Download the Application form here: Swiss Public Health Conference 2018 Application Form
More information on the 2018 Swiss Public Health Conference here.
For further clarification on the conference, write to Dr. Sandra Nocera, email@example.com.