Call for papers for a special issue of the International Journal of Public Health-Deadline February 6, 2019
Call for Papers
Sexual and reproductive health of young people – Focus Africa
Deadline: February 6, 2019
The International Journal of Public Health invites for peer review high-quality articles in the area of young people’s sexual and reproductive health (SRH) with a particular focus on health challenges of young people in Africa.
The potential of young people is a catalyst to social and economic development, which makes investing in young people’s education and health a global priority. Over the past decade, young people’s sexual and reproductive health has become a prominent concern in the global political arena.
With a focus on Africa, this call seeks original research articles and systematic reviews on any aspect of young people’s sexual and reproductive health. Of particular interest are intervention studies assessing the scale-up of promising health interventions, or innovative gender-transformative approaches. Potential contributions include but are not limited to:
- Sexual and reproductive health challenges for young people
- Youth participation in sexual and reproductive health programs
- Youth-friendly sexual and reproductive health services: effectiveness and impacts
- Youth, gender, and rights issues relevant for equity in health
- Youth- and gender-based violence
- Diversity in sexual relationships and health
Please send an e-mail request for pre-decision by February 6, 2019 to the IJPH editorial office (firstname.lastname@example.org) that contains:
• The tentative title of the article
• The key authors and institutions
• A brief description of the topic
• A sentence about why your article is timely
• A methods statement
Use Call Youth_SRH_Africa as the subject title of the e-mail. On the basis of your description, the editors will decide within two weeks whether or not to invite you to submit your article to this call. Should your article not be considered, it is still possible to submit the article to IJPH outside of this special issue.
For any clarifications, write to email@example.com.