Opportunity: Mawazo PhD Scholars program
Deadline:11.59 pm Friday, 26 January 2018
The Mawazo PhD Scholars program is a one-year, non-residential fellowship aimed at women pursuing PhD studies focused on climate change and energy at Kenyan universities. In 2018, the program will support up to six female PhD students at Kenyan universities. Mawazo PhD Scholars receive the following benefits:
- A research grant worth Ksh 500,000 on average (precise value will vary depending on the amount needed for each Scholar’s research)
- Training in research methods, academic writing, grant writing, public engagement, and the publication process
- Research and editorial support from the Mawazo staff
- Travel grants for participation in regional or international conferences
- Connections to mentors, and industry and government leaders, in their field
- A dedicated desk at Mawazo’s office at Ikigai, Spring Valley, Nairobi
The goal of the program is to build a strong pipeline of future researchers who are prepared to ask insightful questions about African development, and effectively communicate their results to both government and industry leaders and the general public.
More details here.