Consortium for Advanced Research Training in Africa (CARTA) is celebrating its 10th anniversary. In the past decade, CARTA has contributed to the development of a vibrant African academy, capable of leading world-class multidisciplinary research that impacts positively on public and population health. Its goal is to strengthen the research ecosystem of African universities and support early career researchers to undertake their doctoral and post-doctoral fellowships on the continent and to become internationally recognized research leaders, influencing the society.
As we commemorate CARTA’s 10th anniversary, we intend to kick off with a webinar that will reflect on the program’s success achieved through contributions by the fellows and partner institutions.
Aim of the webinar:
This webinar aims to celebrate the remarkable contribution that CARTA has made in the past decade, the impact it has had on partner institutions and the role it has played in building research and postgraduate training across the continent. Our overall objectives are to;
- Raise awareness about the positive impact CARTA has on building high-level capacity for population and public health-related research in Africa.
- Celebrate CARTA’s history by honoring the achievements of its fellows, graduates, faculty, and staff throughout the years (including the founding team) .
- Strengthen relationships with community supporters, potential partners, alumni, donors, and friends.
- Prof. Alex Ezeh, Drexel University
- Prof. Sharon Fonn, University of the Witwatersrand
- Dr. Catherine Kyobutungi, African Population and Health Research Center